Thursday, February 6, 2014

February 6, 2014

My MTC experience is coming to an end, I leave for Paraguay on Tuesday.

This week has been really cool actually. In one of our classes we do a thing called IP where, with our teacher, we simulate talking to an investigator and teaching them random lessons about the Gospel.  I have enjoyed these, and up until now I felt like I was doing a decent job.  This past week, however, I have been reading my scriptures a lot and have been pulling random things out of them that have been boss -- (translation ... that investigators will be drawn to).

Anyway, the last two IP's I have done, I have been able to commit my teacher to baptism -- not everyone has been able to do this.  In my last IP, the teacher was simulating a dad and was saying that he had problems with his back and stuff and was losing work because of it.  The lesson we were giving was about the Restoration and about how Christ had the authority to heal.  I told my investigator/teacher that my companion and I have the same authority that Jesus Christ had and told him we could give him a blessing.  He said he would like that and so right there in class, we ended up giving our teacher a blessing.  My teacher said that had never happened before and was a very cool experience.    I did the simulation in Spanish, but gave the blessing in English because I didn't want to mess it up. Haha.

This week we were given a new area in Buenos Aries to tract and I finally found a store that would take Visa. I bought myself some more Alphajores, they are the bomb. They have some Oreo ones that are semi-soft Oreo cookies dipped in chocolate, and they are freaking awesome! Apparently you can only get Alphajores in Argentina, so I think I may need to get some on Saturday since I leave for
 Paraguay on Tuesday. Haha

Estoy listo para mi viaje a Paraguay. Soy un poco nervioso, pero Dios me ha enviado aquí por una razón. Mi español es malo, pero cuando hablo con los investigadores y para la gente de Argentina, el Espíritu es fuerte y me entiende. Estoy muy emocionado de estar con mi familia después de mi misión y vivir con mi familia increíble para toda la eternidad.

So basically that says "
I am ready for my trip to Paraguay. I am a little nervous, but God sent me here for a reason.  My Spanish is bad, but when I talk to investigators and to the people of Argentina, the Spirit is strong and they understand me. I am excited to be with my family after my mission and to live with my amazing family for eternity."

I am stoked to go to Paraguay!

I love you mother, you are a huge inspiration in my life. Thank you for doing my blog and for all that you do for me.  I am super, super happy that you are feeling better. I have been praying for you ... that you will get feeling better, so that is an answer to my prayers. :) I love you mother, you are amazing.

Please tell dad that I am thankful for all he does for me, it means a lot to me. Tell him that I love him, that he is an huge inspiration to me too, and that I am praying for him.

Elder Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment