Monday, May 25, 2015

May 25, 2015

Hey family what's up?
 

So as y'all should know this week was changes ... and I had changes and I am still out here in Neuland ... at least for the next six weeks!  To be honest, I think I'm going to be leaving in the next change which is a little bit sad, but at the same time it would be nice to be near Asuncion.  It's hard being in the Chaco. Haha!
 
But to let y'all know, my new comp is Elder Eaquinto. He has about 3 months more then I have In the mission, and will probably die (go home) out here in the Chaco. Elder Eaquinto is from California too -- a place called Ukiah or something like that.  From what I understand it is a little more North of Newport -- but I'm pretty sure that everywhere  is "a little more North" than Newport. Haha.  But I really like my new companion.  He is a good guy. :)  He is super motivated and is really in to goal setting, so we've been setting goals and this transfer is going to be super fun! :)

This week was super good.  We went to Asuncion, which we weren't really supposed to do, but it was super funny. Haha!  What happened is that we got on the bus to go to Abundancia to spend the night and wait for our new companions.  We had told our new companions to get on the bus to Abundancia, but somehow things got mixed up and they thought we were going to call them before they got on the bus.  So anyway we ended up getting on the bus and going to Asuncion to pick them up.  I was kind of glad that we ended up going to Asuncion because I got to see a bunch of my friends that are going home next transfer, and whom I will probably never see again.   It's crazy to think that now my mission is coming to an end, I might not be seeing a lot of my friends again. 

So overall this week was super good. We only worked like two and a half days due to all of the traveling, but we got so many lessons it was all good. We were able to find a bunch of new investigators which was super cool. :)  One of the guys we met was the Hermano Vasquez who is super cool.  We walked in to his house and said "We are missionaries, what do you want to learn?"  Hermano Vasquez said that he had been asking around because he had noticed there were so many churches, and he didn't know which one to join.  He said he was looking for the right church, the one "God would be proud of him for joining."  It was cool because we had run in to him and we were able to answer his questions and help him. :)  We are hoping to pass by his house next week and see how he is doing and help him be able to grow as person. :)  We also worked a lot with our Branch President's sister-in-law's family and four of them came to church.  We had another family of three come to church -- so yeah, we had seven new investigators at church this week. It was super good and I am stoked to still be here in Neuland this change --  it looks like we are going to have a lot of success. :) 

But yeah, other than that not much has really changed. I have been writing in my journal more, so that's good. Haha. :) 

I love y'alll and I'm so grateful to be part of your family. :) 

Love 
Elder Turley




 Elder Turley's "accidental" transfer trip to Asuncion!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment