Monday, August 24, 2015

August 24, 2015

Hey what's up family and friends --

So this week was pretty interesting, we went to work and we were able to do some good. So this week was super cool, we really focused on the non active members and our attendance went from 42 one week ago to 61 yesterday.  So our hard work this week paid off and we were really able to see a difference.  

At the moment, we are teaching a girl who is a sister of a recent convert (I can't think of her name right now) and it is so exciting because she was so excited to come to church.  My companion and I arrived at church right on time and she was there before us ... that is very impressive because in Paraguay it is super rare for people to be on time -- like nobody shows up early or on time.  But we think she is going to progress.  The only problem is that she has a one year old child who doesn't like to sit still and wants to walk around in the parking lot, so she didn't get to listen to all of Sacrament meeting. Haha. 

But yeah Concepcion is so cool, it's more like a real area instead of a small, outlying town and the people seem to like me so that is good. Haha.  One cool thing is that I am with Elder Crandall, it is really nice to have a companion who is a friend, haha, because that doesn't always happen.  I feel like even if we don't have more than one change together, it will be a really good change for us. :)  But yeah, life is going well.  I am working hard to learn the area.  Honestly, it does get kind of confusing being switched so often, but it's okay -- I am sure that it's all happening for a reason. 

I am planning on going to Tacuati on the 5th of September for the baptism that we had scheduled before I was emergency transferred, and I have talked to some of the members and they are super stoked for me to come back for the day.  It is also District Conference this week and so all of the members from Tacuati should be coming and so I will get to see them there as well.

One cool thing that happened this week is that we had our interviews and President McMullin said that he was glad that I am in his mission, that he really wants me to finish strong, and that he is proud of me. That was nice to hear.

But yeah, I love y'all so much.

Elder Turley 



Questions of the week:

How are things going in Concepcion? 
They are going fine.

Do you have a certain area in Concepcion?
Concepcion 2

Who are your investigators? 
The sister of Roque

Your most spiritual moment? 
My interview with President McMullin

Your most difficult moment? 
I didn't have any I can recall

Your funniest moment? 
There is a Brazilian here and he is learning English and we were making some food and he said "hmmm it smells like struggle."  It was super funny.

What was your favorite scripture this week? 
D&C 115:5
Verily I say unto you all: aArise and shine forth, that thy blight may be a cstandard for the dnations

What was your favorite food you ate this week? 
We ate some steak that we really good.

Do your members have you over to eat? 
Yes, we have a lot of lunch appointments

No comments:

Post a Comment