Monday, January 12, 2015

January 12, 2015

Hey parents --

How are y'all doing?  I hope all is going welll over there in the states.  Everything is going well here, we have changes (transfers) this week and it will be interesting to see how everything works out. I don't know what they are yet because our President doesn't want us wasting time on saying goodbye to the people that we have worked with, so they don't tell us about transfers until the transfer happens.  It's hard not to be able to say "goodbye", but it's all good, President McMullin is an inspired mission president. ;) 



So yesterday we were on a bus, and the driver was hauling and like all of a sudden he swerved in between two parked cars, yelled something super loud in Guarani, and fetching then there was a super loud screetch and he side swiped a car.  But it's alright, nobody was hurt it was just kinda surprising. Haha.  


The bus had like 10 people in it and it did damage to the bus -- just a large scratch on the side -- but the damage was right by my head so it could have been gnarly, but nothing happened. We were definitely protected. 



But, yeah, so changes are going to be super interesting because there has been a lot of disobedience in the mission in the last little while.  I am not going to go into too much detail, but I have heard of Elders having pool parties with the Hermanas and apparently relationships that have sprouted up from things like this.  Some of the Hermanas even decided they want to visit a Falls in Brazil -- like 12 hours away, and left the mission to go see it.  It is crazy to me, I never thought that the mission world would be like this, but I guess there are always those people who aren't really committed to giving their all to the Lord. 

But, yeah, other than that, this week was pretty good.  We went out and did our normal visits. We have really been focusing a lot in the less actives. This week we were able to see one of the less active families come back, ;) ...  and not just them,we saw a couple more of the less actives back in the church as well. ;). It is funny thing because we have finally started to gain success with the less active people that we were working with, but our Sacrament numbers didn't really grow because some the people who normally come to church didn't show up. Haha! But it's all good, I think that they will all come next week and so we should be able to have good growth in the coming weeks. 

But, yeah, other then that we had an investigator at church.  His name is Tony and he is from Argentina.  He is super cool and asked a ton of really good questions and even answered us when we asked him questions.  It was a super cool experience and was super nice to finally have an investigator in the chapel and to be able to have a little bit of success after having a little bit of a dry spell.

Thank you for the fasting that y'all have been doing, I know that it has been helping me with a lot of the less actives and that makes me super happy. ;).  I am glad that you guys are here for me and that you are all so supportive. ;). You all mean so much to me and I am happy to be a part of your family, I really am. ;) I know that we can be "families forever" and I am super happy to have y'all as my family -- you are all the most caring and most amazing people. ;)  Thank you for being here for me and for giving me all the support that you give. ;)

I don't have much to say cause things just fly by.  I will email you as soon as I can about transfers.  I love you all. ;)

Love Elder Turley



Picture of Elder Turley and Elder Garner on the "Collectivo" (Bus) two days before the Bus Accident.  So glad everyone was alright!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment