Monday, June 29, 2015

June 29, 2015

Hey Family.. 


So this week was a good one. I had another "crazy Chaco" experience this week but I'll tell you about that later.  
So basically things are super good out in the Chaco ... well they "were" super good because as it turns out, this week I have changes (transfers).  I am no longer in the Chaco ... or at least at this moment no longer in Neuland.  Right now I have no idea where I am going to be serving, but I guess that is the fun of it all.  :) 

Elder Luke has completed his mission and is going home, and so he and I traveled to Asuncion together so that I could find out my changes and Elder Luke could have his final interview with the President. I am hoping that I am going somewhere that is pretty close to the city, but I honestly have no idea -- there are a lot of places that I could go.  So ... I will let you know as soon as I can.  

But ya so this week was super cool. I kinda felt that I was going to be changed and so I actually packed everything up at night during the week.  It ended up being good because after I received notice that I was to go to Asuncion, instead of packing I was able to go out and do a lot of work. We visited with Adriano and his family, and they are doing well they are super stoked to get baptized which is super cool.  We did have to cancel their baptism date because they weren't able to come to church this week because of a death in the family, so they are going to have to re-schedule their baptism.

So ... now for the weekly "Chaco" craziness ... So first a sad thing ... our investigator, Narcissa, who we were going to baptize (and is the sister of the Branch President) actually died this week.  I'm not really sure what she passed away from, but her death kind of threw off the whole community.  

Anyway, the craziness of this is that my companion and I were able to attend Narcissa's funeral and I have to say it was one of the craziest things I have ever seen.  You know how on TV you see people going to funerals who just sit there and scream?  Yep, than happened.  There was a little sermon type thing and then they let everyone from the community go up and touch her body.  And when people would touch her, they would cry out and scream and fall over the casket.  It was pretty intense to be honest it, and was so super, super sad, but it was also super,super weird and super, super different at the same time.  A couple of times, I thought I might laugh out loud because it was so crazy, but it's all good because I was able to control myself.  But yeah, that is my "crazy Chaco" story from this week. 

But yeah, nothing else too interesting happened this week, just a lot lessons and then saying "goodbye" to the people of Neuland. 

But yeah, so this letter isn't the best, but I will have a good one for you next week. Haha :)

Love --
Elder Turley 


Questions of the Week:
 

1.  Who are your investigators?
I don't know at this very moment because I haven't arrived in my new area yet.  


2.  What was your church attendance this week? 

15, a lot of people missed because of the death.


3.  Did you make it to Paraiso? 

No, we are at the members' mercy to get there and it didn't happen.


4.  What was your most spiritual experience this week? 

The funeral.  It was sad and spiritual and weird all at once. 



 5.  What was your funniest experience this week? 
We had a lesson where none of us could stop laughing.  It was super hard because we tried to sing and we butchered the song because we were laughing too much. 


6.  What was your hardest experience this week? 

Leaving my area and saying "goodbye" was really hard.



7.  Did you get the computer? 

Nope, it has never come.


8.  Who is your favorite person this week and why? 

Adriano, he is super cool and is so ready to get baptized. 


9.  Do you have any crazy Chaco stories this week? 

The funeral which I wrote about above. 


10.  What can we pray about for you? 

That I can get along well in my new area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment