Monday, September 22, 2014

September 22, 2014

Hola Familia,

So I'm just going to assume that you want my messages to be like this from now on, right?  More about what I am doing and less about every person I am meeting.

I am doing fine, my week was pretty good.  It was a bit sad "killing my kid" (missionary slang for sending home his greenie), but you know it's all good.  Honestly, I got a little trunky when he was going home.  I was like "Oh fetch, I could be home right now if I wanted to," but it's all good, I'm still here and going strong so "igual no mas".   My greenie was a chill kid, I really liked him as a comp and was sad that he went home.  But it was important for him to go and it was also nice to get to know him and I am hoping he will be able to come back.   My new comp is Elder Jones for a couple of days, so it is like a really long division.  Elder Jones is from Utah and he came out with me, so that was really cool. 

This week was good, I have been good physically and spiritually.  I have had to rely a lot on the Spirit this week in telling me where to go and how I need to do the things that I need to do, but it has been good.  Yesterday was kind of hard because we walked around for like five hours trying to find a house and never found it.  Saturday was awesome because we had a member and we were able to use him for our lessons, and now I know that area pretty well and it is "super dope" (very amazing) because it is an area with a lot of people that want to get baptized, so I am going to work this area "a fool" (like crazy).  


So my new companion is going to be Hermano Franco.  He is not a missionary, but is a local member.  I will be able to tell you more about him next week, but it for sure is a blessing because we get to use him to speak to the investigators who only know Guarani, so that is going to help a lot!  We were supposed to have some baptisms this week, but we are going to push them to October to make sure we have all of them coming to church regularly. We have a lot of people that we can talk to and a lot of people who are getting prepared to get baptized, my biggest struggle is finding out where they actually live.  Haha!

I am stoked (very happy) to be here.  I am going to learn a little bit more of Guarani, and I hope that I am going to know what I need to do to learn my area and to be able to train another "kid" (greenie)  here if that is what I am asked to do. 

I love y'all and I am so glad to be a part of this family, and to be in this mission!  I am so stoked (grateful) for all the support that I have had.  You guys are the best and I absolutely love y'all!

Love Elder Turley

Oh ya, have Elder DeBrine hit me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment