Monday, September 22, 2014

September 15, 2014


Hello parents, So this week is going to be a little different.  I won't be really writing like what I did every day, but I will get an email off to y'all.
So this week was pretty eventful.  I got changes and that was pretty cool.  I was told that I was going to finish the training of an Elder in Luque.  That was pretty cool and I was super excited that President trusts me enough to shape a kid's mission, so that was exciting.  My "kid's" name is Elder Jauriegi (or something like that), and he is from Peru.  He is a super cool kid ... but the sad thing is that he is going home this week.  From what he has told me, he got his identity stolen in Peru and he has to go back and fix everything up or else he will end up in jail, because whomever stole his identity is doing illegal stuff with it.  So that was pretty sad because it turns out my kid is a "homie" (brother) and we get along super well.  But yeah, I "killed" my first kid (killed is missionary slang for "sent home"), and that's sad, but I hope that I am going to get another "kid" (missionary slang for greenie) next change and that I will train again.  :)  As of right now, I'm not sure who I will get in the meantime, but I heard it might be an Elder who doesn't like to leave the house -- but that's fine because in my Patriarchal Blessing, it says that I will have the opportunity to help those who need to be brought up again, so I'm not really scared, but it could be a little bit hard at first ... but no big deal.  

So this week was pretty "dope" (awesome).  I can't tell you all of whom we visited because I am not really sure, but I know we visited people we are going to baptize in the future, and so that was pretty cool.  We have like a good eight people that appear ready for baptism, so that's good.  Apparently I worked super hard in Cocuere so that I could get baptisms here in Luque, haha, God is good and I believe he is blessing me.  :)  It's super cool to have the excitement of baptizing again.  It feels super good. :)  The next week will be interesting because my area is really big and I'm going to have to know it all by the time my "kid" goes home.  I don't know if I can do it, but I am going to try. :)
 
So Mom, you asked me if I know my District Leader.  Yep, I know him super well.  He is Elder Mcllelland and he is one of my best friends in the Mission.  My Zone Leader is none other than Elder Gummersall, my "Father" (missionary slang for the person who trained Jon) ... so I am going to have a good change because I already know my leaders really well.  It is going to be dope (awesome) because I am really close to some really good friends in this area, so that is going to be super sick (wonderful) because I am going to see Mcllelland and Frost a lot, and they are super cool, and I will probably have at least one division with Elder Gummersall, so I will be able to teach with him again which will be really cool because I am going to know how to teach and to speak in Spanish ... I am really excited for this change, and I am hoping I will be able to do some good things!

So to answer your questions, mom, I know my Mission President a little bit, there are a lot of missionaries.  The AP's know me and know that I know the scriptures super well, so that's good.  :)  I do know Elder Day, he is one of the AP's and he is a really cool guy.  My Spanish has improved a lot and a lot of people have noticed that I am speaking very well for only being out eight months, so that's super good. :)   

So my new house is alright.  It's bigger than my old one, and my landlord is super dope (awesome) and super nice.  My area is more like an open field and mountains, dirt roads and stuff.  We walk like an hour to get from house to house for lessons, so that is new.  Haha.  I'm like ten minutes from the city.  Where I am kind of reminds me of Idaho.  

At the transfer meeting, I had a meeting to go over all the rules of being a trainer, and I got to eat lunch with all the trainers, so that was cool.  :)

So today I am going bowling with my Zone and so I can only do about half of my time on the computer.  I will try and get the other half done a little later today.  If I didn't answer all your questions, let me know and I will be happy to answer them when I am done.  :)

With much love Elder Turley














No comments:

Post a Comment